Sharing information with providers, families, and the general public about (1) the importance of the early years, (2) parents’ essential role, (3) the work of the AOK Network, and (4) local early childhood issues, e.g., Sudden infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Some of the core work associated with a systemic approach to Public Information & Education:
- Identifying and tracking current public information and education efforts conducted in your community and looking for opportunities to collaborate
- Educating the community about the importance of the early years and parents’ essential role
- Communicating about the work and importance of the AOK Network
- Addressing local priority issues through topic specific campaigns, e.g., Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Prevention
- Collecting data and stories to evaluate the impact of public information and education efforts
- Continually improving the quality and reach of all communication efforts